1. a taste of fall with a Great Pumpkin 5k including sections through a CORN MAZE and picking out pumpkins and caramel apples after. just because I live in the desert doesn’t mean I’m not fully going to love my autumn.
2. Pumpkin spice coffee with cream.
3. New running shoes make all the difference, feeling good and going fast.
4. Handwritten letters.
5. Cooler temperatures (and by cooler, I mean 85 and sunny). I won’t hate winter here even a little bit.
6. Reading about Gothic romanticism, tales of terror, and British romanticism (very apropos for Halloween)
7. Cozy peony + rose linen sprays and melatonin make for wonderful sleeps.
8. Spinach, chicken, and apple salad with blue cheese and walnuts (made even better when shared with friends)
9. Watching football games with a Blue Moon and orange slice in a bar where energy is rampant. Never thought I’d like it, but it’s pretty contagious.
10. Teaching and knowing the minds of my 25 tiny freshmen. It’s strange how natural it feels to stand in front of a classroom after only two months!